Important Coronavirus Information
We are aware that many of our patients are concerned about the Coronavirus. As always, Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates is maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and sterilization in our licensed medical facility. The health and well-being of our patients and employees remains our highest priority.
For safety we are taking these additional precautions. We are only seeing patients who need essential care such as pregnant patients, or patients with severe pain, heavy/abnormal bleeding, patients who are being treated to rule out a potential cancer. (If you are pregnant CLICK HERE for more information)
All other routine or non-emergent patient appointments are being re-scheduled until after May 1st or the patient can have a tele-health visit with one of our providers.
We are are also using the following measures in office:
✅ Screening questions for all patients
✅ Temperature screening for all patients at check-in and staff at the start of workday
✅ Every patient using hand sanitizer at check-in
✅ No visitors in the office, patients only
✅ Limiting the number of people in our lobby
✅ Sanitizing door handles of exam rooms after every patient
Other efforts to protect our staff and all who visit us include:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines – with an emphasis on frequent disinfecting of high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas, including the lobby, treatment rooms and high-traffic areas.
- Educating our staff on the specific procedures recommended by the CDC to prevent transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Mandating that our staff stay home and seek medical care if they exhibit any flu-like symptoms.
- Ceasing business travel and postponing group events.
- Rescheduling appointments without cancellation fee for patients who feel unwell.
- Rescheduling appointments for high risk individuals, including older patients or those with underlying health conditions, without cancellation fee.
The Center For Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following precautionary measures and guidelines to keep you healthy and to prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer if soap is not available
- Keep away from others who are or may be sick
- Avoid touching surfaces in public places
- Avoid crowded locations and events
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc.
- Clean and disinfect household objects & surfaces in your home
- Avoid all non-essential travel
If you are experiencing flu like symptoms, including cough or fever, please call your primary care physician or urgent care in order to safeguard those around you. According to the CDC, if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately. Your healthcare professional will work with your state’s public health department and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19.
If you are feeling unwell, we ask that you please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment at a later date with no cancellation fee.
The safety of our patients is our number one priority. If you have any concerns, please contact our office: (313) 277-0400
For more information regarding the coronavirus please visit: www.coronavirus.gov